martes, 6 de marzo de 2007

Plane ride and snippets of the first day

The plane glides gently throught the air. I had planned on sleeping, but you know how it goes, something was in the air. Excitment possibly? Well it just might be.
As i was sitting here, pondering whether I should tell the sleeping man next to me his coffee is leaking directly onto my feet, i was thinking what wanted most out of my trip. My foggy mind came to the conclusion that i wanted to change. Small or large, painful or peacful.
Well as for my first day this what occured.
- I held a boa constrictor that we found in the back jungle. Sorry dad if you concider that unsafe. Who knew i would blow it in the first 12 hrs. But this boa had a sad fate. Anthony went into town and had it made into a belt. Maybe the next one we can keep as a pet.
- Forgot to bring most of my underpants currently i have 5 pairs. Laundry sucks.
-Gathered mangos before the wind storm that is forcasted for tonight.
-Recieved like 500 hugs from the casa espiranza kids.
- had my first language class
-Slept the coldest night of my life. The air conditioner was stuck on like deepfreeze. Its going to be removed and life will be back to normal.

So there is a small taste of waht its like. My entrys will generaly be short because the internet generally works in short 10 min stints, if at all. Plus all of the directions for this page are in spanish and i dont know how to change them so spelling will be hard to check. And i dont have the greatest anyway.

So to end I have concluded GUATEMALA=GREAT.
Your sister in Christ,
Jasmine

7 comentarios:

Anónimo dijo...

hey jasmine,
good to hear from you. and i'm glad that you aren't just taking it easy down there. i'm proud of you for going out and finding a snake...that's awesome. well, i will email you soon, when i find your email address. for now, just wanted you to know that i love you, miss you already, but know that you are having an awesome time. talk to you soon.
Donna

Kelela dijo...

Hello Friend!! How art thou? I love you a whole lot. I also miss you but I know it will fly by. I had my interview on tuesday. Bought some flipflops from super store! How I love that store. Well I hope you update more than our Australian friend ;) Although we still love her. Love ya and i am praying for you!

Cheryl

kaitlyn dijo...

Jasmine!
Well now that you are in Guatemala when will we ever have our coffee date? Here is what I think; every morning while I drink my morning coffee I will think about you and pray for you. I love you tons and I will email you soon with all the details about- well everything!
love always,
Kaitlyn

Anónimo dijo...

Hey Jasmine! Lovely to hear from you so soon! The coffee house went really well the other night but we were sad to not have you here. Thats so exciting about the snake, and sad too! But oh well! Will you be coming home wearing a boa belt? Cool. Do they speak portuguese in Guat? Can't wait to hear from you again! Oooh and let us know your addy when you find out!
Love Kara

Anónimo dijo...

Hey Jaz, it's great to hear from you - I probably would've woken up the guy, though, heehee. Awesome about the snake, Carl and I wanna buy corn snakes, don't think our parents would go for it though.
I'll tell the others where your blog is, hope to hear from you again soon!
Lots o' love,
Nat

Anónimo dijo...

Hey Jazz, your crazy... but thats why we all love you so much. And by the way you forgot to callme b4 you left... but thats ok, lol. (L) Hope your having lots of fun, miss you alot. Dont do anything beyond your normal craziness.But i gtg study for my biochem midterm I just wanted to say Hi. So HI and have fun!!!! Ill write again soon.
Love you --- Lindsay

Anónimo dijo...

Hey, jazz its time to update your blog... lol!